The BTA has been in existence since 1914 and is a union of professionals representing approximately 2,301 public school teachers in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. All public school teachers in Burnaby belong to the BCTF (the British Columbia Teachers’ Federation) and their local teachers’ association.
The Burnaby Teachers’ Association supports members whenever there is any issue of concern. When members contact the union, all conversations are confidential. No matter what the question we welcome calls and will refer members to the appropriate services and resources. Among the services we provide:
- information about rights, responsibilities and benefits
- professional development information
- health and safety support
- social events
- classroom supports
BTA Office Hours
The BTA Office will continue to remain open into the summer months. Summer hours will be from 8:00-3:30 for the first two weeks of July (July 3-14). The BTA Office will re-open again on August 21 and operate on the same summer hours until school opens on September 5.
- The Scholarship Application Package for the Son or Daughter of a BTA Member is now available. All applications are due at the BTA Office by midnight September 8, 2017.
- RA September 19 at Burnaby Central 4 pm.
- Staff Rep Training Oct 4 & 5 at Burnaby Mountain 8 am -3:30 pm.
Officers & Staff
FRANK BONVINO – President – firstname.lastname@example.org – Local 226
LEANNE SJODIN – First Vice-President – email@example.com – Local 227
DANIEL TÉTRAULT – Second Vice-President – firstname.lastname@example.org – Local 228
Katie Pepper – Office Manager- email@example.com
Colleen Pawson – Administrative Assistant- firstname.lastname@example.org
Karla Reilander – Administrative Assistant – email@example.com
Charmaine Eger – Administrative Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org